Good Morning and Joyful Sunday! My title is Carlos Hernandez and I’m again to replace you on the most recent taking place within the Tampa space with Patch Information.
On this subject, you will find out about a working monitor document damaged by a Tampa highschool scholar, a combat in opposition to residences in South Tampa, progress of a neighborhood meal prep company, and extra. Now, let’s get began.
As we speak’s climate: The excessive is 93 and the low is 75 with scattered thunderstorms. There’s a 40% likelihood of rain.
Listed below are the highest 5 tales taking place round Tampa:
1. A Florida restaurant referred to as Sus Hello Eatstation used dogecoin to attract in new candidates to their idea, which has 9 areas round Florida together with a location on Fowler Avenue subsequent to the College of South Florida Tampa campus. Pushing to a $15 an hour wage has additionally helped based on the proprietor. (WTSP)
2. Hillsborough Excessive Faculty scholar Erriyon Knighton broke a working monitor document set by Usain Bolt. Often called “the quickest man alive,” Bolt has received eight gold medals within the Olympics. (WFLA)
3. A controversial Tampa Metropolis Council assembly is inflicting a stir, together with allegations that luxurious residences convey drug sellers and “undesirables” to city. Residents in South Tampa battle in opposition to deliberate condo developments. (Tampa Bay Times)
4. Tampa-based meal prep firm, Fitlife Meals, is now the second largest firm of its sort within the nation. It began off with a single retailer and now sells greater than 12,000 meals a day. They’ll start delivering nationally this 12 months. (Patch)
5. Gasparilla Worldwide Movie Pageant returns to Tampa theaters subsequent week from June tenth to June thirteenth for the primary time in 64 weeks after the pandemic hit and disrupted the annual occasion. It will likely be held at Tampa Theatre and AMC Westshore Theater. (Creative Loafing Tampa)
As we speak in Tampa: